**NOTICE of JOB POSTING**
PRE-SENTENCE INVESTIGATOR/PSI WRITER
DIVISION: Marion County Common Pleas Court, General Division
County Adult Probation Department
LOCATION: 100 N. Main St., Courthouse Sq., Marion, Ohio 43302
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Interview offenders who have been referred by the Common Pleas Court for a pre-sentence investigation.
- Conduct thorough investigations into the background of felony offenders including the instant criminal offense, the defendant’s version of the crime, adjudications of the defendant as a delinquent child, criminal history as an adult, social history including family, marital, educational, substance abuse, and employment history. Investigations are to include mental/substance abuse assessments and victim impact statements when applicable.
- Completes risk/needs assessment through Ohio Risk Assessment System (ORAS).
- Conduct drug screening.
- Excellent writing, typing (minimum of 70 wpm), verbal, communication, and computer skills.
- Must work well under the pressure of court deadlines and submit PSI reports in a timely fashion.
- Conduct investigations of offenders requesting Intervention in Lieu of Conviction, Judicial Release, and Sealing of Record; prepare written reports with a ruling recommendation.
- Testify at various court hearings.
- Work hours may vary.
- This position will report directly to the Chief Probation Officer of the Marion County Adult Probation Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree from accredited educational institution in the field of criminal justice, criminology, psychology, mental health/substance abuse case management, or related field; or associate degree with two or more years experience in criminal justice, criminology, social services, case management, counseling or related field. Preference will be given to those applicants with ORAS certification and knowledge of evidence-based practices. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, no prohibition against carrying firearms, and have strong computer, typing, verbal, and communication skills. Incumbent must pass a background check. Starting salary is $18.00/hr depending on qualifications, along with standard county benefits including health insurance, vacation, sick leave, and PERS.
Qualified applicants should email resumes to: Chief Probation Officer, Jennifer Miller, Chief Probation Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit resume: Open untilled filled. Marion County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.