The County Commissioners have announced that the Marion County Building will reopen to the public starting May 12, 2020
The Marion County Commissioners have implemented the following protocols for building operations:
- Access will be limited to the main doors on the north side of the building.
- Temperature of all citizens entering the building will be taken there.
- The security check point with the metal detector and x-ray machine will remain and be staffed by employees of Family Court.
- Social distancing is a must.
- The Building hours will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Masks may be worn by all employees and visitors but not mandated by the Commissioners. However, each office may at their discretion may mandate this for their employees and visitors.
- Each Elected Official has the authority to operate under what hours and protocols they deem appropriate.
- The State’s guidelines for capacity reductions in building and areas of buildings must be followed at all times.
- The Commissioners have purchased adequate disinfectant spray and medical gloves for use in the County Buildings.
If any of you have any questions, comments or concerns about building protocols, please feel free to contact the Commissioner’s Office.
Upon reopening, the Marion County Auditor’s Office will implement the following protocols:
- The Auditor’s office will have one window with a plastic barrier for employees to assist customers.
- Employees of the Marion County Auditor’s Office will be required to wear a mask while assisting customers.
- Employees will continue to use gloves and/or hand sanitizer when handling mail and outside paper work.
- It is recommended that customers call before visiting the office to allow staff to gather information, prepare documents, and lessen wait times.
- Please keep in mind that many self-service options including downloadable forms, property record searches, and online property tax payments are available on the Auditor’s website at www.co.marion.oh.us/auditor. Our office staff is also available to assist you by phone Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. by calling (740) 223-4020.
Dog tags may be purchased online at www.doglicenses.us/OH/Marion
Customers may also call our office and request an application be mailed.
Fee Applications may be turned into a box we will have located right outside of our office. We will mail checks to everyone that does not have direct deposit. Please contact our office if you would like to sign up for direct deposit.
Public meetings scheduled to be held in the Auditor’s Office may be conducted by teleconference. Please check the events calendar for the latest meeting information.