The 2021 dog and kennel licenses will be offered for sale beginning Tuesday, December 1st. Dog owners have until February 1st to purchase licenses without penalty. Every dog, 3 months or older, is required to be licensed.
Three types of tags will be available for purchase:
- 1- year tag for $16.00
- 3- year tag for $48.00
- Permanent tag for $160.00
1 and 3 year tags are transferrable from owner to owner, but not from dog to dog. Permanent dog tags are not transferrable.
There are no refunds on any dog tag sold. All sales are final.
Due to COVID-19 it is recommended that payment be mailed along with your completed application and self-addressed stamped envelope. Payments must be postmarked no later than February 1st to avoid penalties.
Dog tags may also be purchased:
- Online http://www.doglicenses.us/OH/marion/. There is a surcharge associated with online orders of $2.25 per one year license and $.50 per order that is for a third party that handles the online sales. Credit cards and debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo are accepted. The cutoff to make an online payment without penalty is 11:59 p.m. on February 1st
- Marion County Auditor’s Office at 222 W. Center St 8:30 A.M. until 4:30 P.M. Monday-Friday.
- Cash and checks are accepted. Please make checks payable to the Marion County Treasurer.
- In order to limit contact in the office, please have all paperwork and checks filled out before entering the building.
- Due to COVID-19, the office has only one window open to the public. Long lines are to be expected due to social distancing guidelines.
- Credit and debit card payments will not be accepted in the office.
- To pay by credit or debit card, please use the online option at http://www.doglicenses.us/OH/marion/
- For questions, please contact the office at (740) 223-4020.
- Marion County Dog Warden’s Office at 2252 Richland Rd. 10:00 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday hours are 10:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M.
- The Dog Warden’s Office is CLOSED on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Cash and checks are accepted.
- All kennel tags are sold at the Dog Warden’s Office. You can call the Dog Warden’s Office at 740-386-6150.
- 3 year and permanent dog tags are not available for purchase at the Dog Warden’s Office.
- There will be no satellite days in the villages this year.