2020 Dog Tags Available for Purchase
December 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
The 2020 dog and kennel licenses will be offered for sale beginning Sunday, December 1st online. Sales will begin Monday, December 2nd at the Marion County Auditor’s Office and at the Marion County Dog Warden’s Office. Dog owners have until January 31st to purchase licenses without penalty. Every dog, 3 months or older, is required to be licensed.
Three types of tags will be available for purchase:
- 1- year tag for $16.00
- 3- year tag for $48.00
- Permanent tag for $160.00
1 and 3 year tags are transferrable from owner to owner, but not from dog to dog. Permanent dog tags are not transferrable.
There are no refunds on any dog tag sold. All sales are final.
In addition to mailing payment along with your completed application and self addressed stamped envelope, additional methods of purchasing tags are being offered for your convenience. Dog licenses may be purchased:
- Online http://www.doglicenses.us/OH/marion/. There is a surcharge associated with online orders of $2.25 per one year license and $.50 per order that is for a third party that handles the online sales. Credit cards accepted; no debit cards. The cutoff to make an online payment without penalty is 11:59 p.m. on January 31st
- Marion County Auditor’s Office at 222 W. Center St 8:30 A.M. until 4:30 P.M. Monday-Friday. Cash and checks are accepted. A computer set up at our office for online use for credit cards. There will still be a surcharge for online purchase. Please make checks payable to the Marion County Treasurer. For questions please call us at 740-223-4020.
- Marion County Dog Warden’s Office at 2252 Richland Rd 10:00 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday hours are 10:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. The Dog Warden’s Office is CLOSED on Wednesdays and Sundays. Cash and checks are accepted All kennel tags are sold at the Dog Warden’s Office. You can call the Dog Warden’s Office at 740-386-6150. 3 year and permanent dog tags are not available for purchase at the Dog Warden’s Office.
- “Going to the Dogs” are satellite stations set up in the villages. Please check the Auditor’s website calendar for villages, dates, and time. Cash or checks only will be accepted.