Tours will be given the last Monday of every month and begin at 4:00pm. For further information or for parents to sign-up for a tour, contact one of the following people:
Traci Zellner, Diversion Coordinator – 223-4126
Gloria Craig, MCJDC Administrator – 389-5476.
Tour Rules and Guidelines
- Children must reside in one of the counties that utilize the detention center.
- Children must be at least 10 years old and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Adults that are not the parent or guardian will not be permitted to attend the tour.
- The tours are strictly educational. This tour will show the child the facility and discuss the policies and procedures.
- This is not a ‘scared straight’ program. There will not be any yelling, physical contact or ‘in your face’ tactics used.
- The tour will begin promptly at 4:00 pm. Once the tour begins, no one will be permitted in the building.
- Appropriate attire is required. No low-cut shirts, tank tops or short-shorts or skirts (must be mid-thigh or longer).
- No purses, bags or backpacks will be permitted in the facility.
- Do not bring guns, knives, mace/pepper spray or any other objects that could be used as a weapon.