That there are 3 steps to Recording a Deed
1. The Engineer's office will put a stamp on the document approving the legal description.
2. The Auditor's office will need a conveyance form, transfer tax, or line fees to place a stamp on the document.
3. The Recorder's office will need recording fees to record the document. (Our fees are set by the state.)
- That your Deed is for your land if you own a house.
- That you should already have your Deed whether you have a mortgage or not.
- That when you pay off your mortgage the document called a "Release of Mortgage" or "Satisfaction of Mortgage" should be recorded with the Marion County Recorder.
- Easements may not be on the deed but may be a document made by any prior owner.