We at the Marion County Recorder's Office would like to thank you for your service to our country.  

Veterans, have you recorded your DD214 military discharge?  The Recorder's Office can record your discharge at no cost to you.

If you have previously recorded your military discharge papers in the County Recorder's Office, you may receive a certified copy at no charge.  

It is our suggestion that you keep a copy for your family, because the law restricts the copies the Recorder's Office can give out.

Due to a 2009 Senate bill, military service records are no longer public record (unless more than 75 years old). However, a veteran may acquire a copy by appearing in person at the Recorder's Office with a photo I.D.  Or a representative who has original power of attorney for a living veteran may receive a copy.

If the veteran is deceased, an executor or administrator with appropriate evidence from probate court, may receive a copy of the veteran's discharge.

For more information, or if you have questions, you may call the Marion County Recorder's Office at 740 223-4100.